Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

His Witnesses Will Need A Protection Program

, , , , | Right | September 30, 2010

(For legal reasons, our store cannot offer any discounts on books by a certain publisher.)

Customer: “I’d like to use this coupon on my order, please.”

Me: “Oh, I’m sorry. Your order is nothing but books by [Publisher], and we can’t accept the coupon on them.”

Customer: “Excuse me?”

Me: “See, it says right here in the fine print: ‘Not valid on any [Publisher]’s products’.”

Customer: “Well, I know that! But you need to give me the discount anyway!”

Me: “It’s against store policy. I can’t give you a discount on these books.”

Customer: “Look, I’m using these books to witness to people who don’t know the Lord. You should give me a discount because I’m giving them to people who need them!”

Me: “There is nothing I can do about that. I don’t set the prices or the policies.”

Customer: “If [Bookstore] really does claim to be a Christian business, then they should give discounts to people who buy stuff to witness to other people! You’re making me waste the Lord’s money!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!