Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

He Marches To The Beat Of His Own Very Loud, Very Rude (Ear)Drum

, , , | Right | CREDIT: 70sloverchild | June 22, 2023

My pharmacy has a patient who is on workers’ compensation. Every month, the workers’ comp needs prior authorization for his prescription, and every month, he yells at us telling us that we are doing something wrong.

On a Thursday, he calls us and I pick up.

Patient: “My insurance told me the prior authorization went through on Tuesday. What’s taking so long?!”

I go and retransmit it, and of course, it doesn’t go through. So, he starts yelling.

Patient: “You always mess this up! You’re not doing it right!”

Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Me: “Is it [Insurance Company]?”

Patient: “Yes!”

Me: “Well, it’s still not going through, unfortunately, so I’ll have to call you tomorrow.”

He starts yelling again, and I stop him.

Me: “Sir, I’m not going to have this conversation with you if you continue yelling at me.”

Patient: *Still yelling* “I’m not yelling at you! If I were yelling at you, your eardrums would burst!”

I don’t know why his insurance is telling him the claim has gone through when it clearly hasn’t, but this man is truly awful to deal with.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!