Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Gunning For The Restroom

, , , , | Right | January 4, 2024

I am in my store before we open. There is a buzzer to ring if you’re there before we open so that someone can come unlock the door. A frantic, repeated buzzing starts, and my manager and I go running to the door. A man is standing outside the door with his hands in his jacket pockets. We both stop short.

Manager: *Through the closed doors* “Yes?”

Man: “I gotta use the bathroom.”

Manager: “There is a [Twenty-Four-Hour Gas Station] on the next corner.”

She points; the gas station’s sign is visible from the front of the store.

Man: “I gotta go now. Just let me in.”

He starts pulling on the doors, but they don’t budge.

Man: “Let me in the f****** store!”

He moves his hand in a way that makes me think he may have a weapon in his pocket.

Man: “Or else!”

Manager: *Looking at me* “Call the police.”

Man: “No! I didn’t f******— Don’t call the cops, b****!” 

I was already connected to the local police department and describing the man. He took off, running in the opposite direction of the gas station. The police arrived soon after and collected our statements. They caught him trying to get into another store a few weeks later, claiming to need to use the restroom again. And yes, he did have a gun on him.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!