Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Getting Positive Signals

, , , , | Right | October 29, 2019

(I work in a call center for a cable television company. Needless to say, I get a lot of customers that aren’t very nice and only care about themselves. Tonight, I am helping a man fix his cable box by sending a signal to reset it. The procedure takes about two minutes, so we start making small talk.)

Customer: “I’m sorry you have to work on a Sunday. That’s no fun.”

Me: “That’s okay. It’s quiet on Sundays and I’m off tomorrow.”

Customer: “Oh, that’s nice, then. What time do you get off?”

Me: “In about half an hour.”

Customer: “Oh, that’s good.”

(We continue to go through the procedure of fixing his box. After it’s fixed, I go to wrap up the phone call.)

Customer: “Thank you so much! You’ve been very kind and helpful.”

Me: “You’re welcome! That’s what I’m here for. Is there anything else I can do for you?”

Customer: “Yes, you can go home half an hour early and enjoy your day off tomorrow.”

Me: “Aww, thank you!”

(It’s rare I get customers who are so kind and actually treat me like a human being. This call pretty much made my day.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!