Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Entitlement At 30,000 Feet

, , , , | Right | December 29, 2022

On our flight, the only open seat on the whole plane is between me and the elderly man by the window. A forty-ish-year-old woman is seated in the middle of the row behind us. She taps me on the shoulder.

Woman: “Hey, trade seats with me.

Me: “No, thanks.

Woman: “Seriously? There’s one empty seat on the whole plane.

Me: “Must be my lucky day, then.”

Elderly Man:Our lucky day; we can have a party!”

Me: “Apple juice and peanuts for everyone!

The elderly man smiles.

Woman: “B****!”

She leans back, making various comments the whole trip about how disrespectful and selfish I am. When we land, the people behind me flood the aisle. The flight attendant speaks over the loudspeaker.

Attendant: “Welcome to [City]. We understand you would like to leave, but we have not yet been cleared to open the doors. Please return to your seats and wait. Thank you for understanding.

Woman: “Jesus Christ. Seriously?

Attendant: “Ma’am, please sit down. We will be out of here as soon as possible.

The elderly man and I exchange a glance but say nothing. We sit there for maybe ten minutes, the man happily looking out the window. The flight attendant announces that we are free to go, and I feel the woman behind me pull on the seats to stand. I get up and stand in the aisle.

Me: “Come on, sir.”

Elderly Man: “Are you sure?

Me: “I don’t mind waiting.

Woman: “Are you joking? You’re such a f****** b****!”

Me: “How about you sit down and be respectful and patient?”

The woman glares at me but doesn’t say anything else. The elderly man makes his way off the plane. At the front, we meet up with the flight attendant.

Attendant: “Have a good day. Thank you.”

Elderly Man: “This one—” *gestures to me* “—is nice.

Attendant: “That’s lovely, sir.

Elderly Man: “That one—” *gestures to the woman behind me* “—is lucky the other one didn’t sock her.

Attendant: *Shocked* “Oh. Okay, sir. You… have a wonderful day.”

The attendant gave me a confused look, but I just smiled and shrugged.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!