Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

How To A-Dress Someone Crazy

, , , , | Right | February 7, 2018

(A lady comes into the store with her friend.)

Me: “Hi, how are you ladies today?”

Customer: “Your dress! I love it! “

(I am wearing a black tee with a black and white maxi skirt, not a dress.)

Me: “Oh, thank you!”

Customer: “I must have it.”

Me: “Well, I didn’t get the top here, but I can certainly show you where I got the skirt, if you’ll just follow me.”

Customer: “Take it off and sell it to me.”

Me: “Excuse me?”

Customer: “Go take your dress off and sell it to me!”

Me: “Um, I think I hear one of my other customers calling for me. If you’ll just excuse me…”

(Later on at the registers, I get stuck checking the two of them out. My on-duty manager is checking the merchandise locator for another customer, who is waiting at the opposite end.)

Customer: *to my manager* “You know, I tried to get this lady to sell me her outfit, but she just wouldn’t!”

Manager: “Excuse me?”

Customer: “Oh, I was just kidding, of course.” *turns to me* “You should really learn to take a joke better.”

Manager: “Ma’am, whether you’re joking or not, you don’t go up to a complete stranger and demand they sell you their outfit. Not only is it extremely rude, but it’s just plain weird.”

(The customer and her friend silently pay for their purchases and leave.)

Next Customer In Line: “Wow. You ladies don’t get paid enough for that kind of crazy!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!