Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Doesn’t Like Email On Prints-iple

, , , | Right | January 3, 2019

(At the store where I work we have to ask customers if they would like a copy of their receipt emailed to them. It amazes me how many people are baffled or even offended by this simple question and don’t understand the meaning of “copy.”)

Coworker: “Can I take your email for a copy of the receipt?”

Customer: *suddenly angry* “Why would I do that? Can’t I have a paper one?”

Coworker: “Yes, you do get a paper one, but we send a backup in case it gets lost or damaged so you can still return your item under the warranty.”

Customer: “Well, that’s ridiculous; I don’t have a printer! I can’t print it off! It would cost me money just to do that!”

Coworker: “That’s okay. You don’t need to print it; you can show it on your pho—”

Customer: “GOD, THIS IS STUPID!” *walks away without completing the transaction and still shouting at my colleague* “YOU’RE AN IDIOT! WHAT THE F***?!”

(He put his middle finger up as he stormed out of the store. Not sure what got him so riled up, to be honest! A lot of people get annoyed about being asked, but that was extreme. How hard is it to say, “No, thank you”?!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!