Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Didn’t Order The Children’s Drink But Acts The Most Childish

, , , , | Right | June 10, 2022

There is a great little coffee shop I regularly visit. I’ve ordered and have stood to the side to allow the woman behind me order and move away from the tills.

Rather than do as I did and make room, she moves the food trays and leans over the counter. Clearly, she and common sense have never been formally introduced.

As I was first, my order is made ready and they call the drinks out, but she tries to take it instead, spilling a lot of them as she clumsily drags the tray toward her.

Me: “That’s my order.”

Customer: *Tuts* “What?”

Me: “Those are my drinks.”

Customer: “Oh, well, I thought this was mine, because of the hot chocolate.”

Me: “You thought that child’s drink was your hot chocolate, when it’s clearly chocolate milk? The fact that there are four drinks on there and you ordered two didn’t give you a clue?”

Customer: “Well, how was I supposed to know?”

Me: “Just give me my drinks.”

She clatters the rest back down, further spilling them.

Me: *To the worker* “Sorry, could you top these up, please? She spilt my drinks.”

She agrees and cleans the mess while the woman pretends to be oblivious.

Customer: “When will my drinks be ready? I’ve been waiting a very long time.”

Worker: “As you can see miss, we still fixing this gentleman’s order. I’m afraid you will have to wait.”

This annoys her more. She makes some comment under her breath, and my order is now ready. But the woman has moved back in front of the trays, desperately peering for her order, past the safety screen.

Me: “Excuse me.”

Customer: “Looks like you will be the one waiting now!”

Me: *Loudly* “Please can you move so I can get my order?!”

She didn’t; she pretended not to hear me. It was ridiculous as she was acting like a child.

It took one of the staff threatening to get the manager before she would move. We sat down and finally got to have our drinks. We got the full view of the woman spilling her own drinks and trying to get them remade, only to be refused and storm out.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!