Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Dealing With You Is Taxing Enough

, , , | Right | CREDIT: A_Rose_From_Concrete | December 4, 2020

I work at my local drug store where we sell alcohol and tobacco products. We have a “Card All” policy; you could obviously look to be in your fifties, but I still must ask to scan the back of your ID.

This customer comes in and says he wants a pack of cigarettes.

Me: “I need to scan the back of your ID.”

Customer: “I don’t have it.”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but it’s store policy to card all for tobacco.”

Customer: “I’m thirty-one.”

Me: “I understand that, but I still need to scan your ID.”

Customer: “I left my ID at the store next door; it’s where I work.”

Me: “Okay.”

He leaves, and I put the cigarettes under the counter for when he returns with his ID. He comes back, though, without his ID.

Customer: “Hey, what’s your name?”

Me: “[My Name].”

Customer: “[My Name]. Okay, I’ll remember to double tax you the next time you come to my store.”

He left again and I was standing there super confused. I don’t even shop at his store. I’ve lived here for three years and have only stepped foot in his store twice. I wasn’t even buying anything; I was with my mom who did buy something.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!