Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Can We All Just Agree To Not Comment On What Others Eat, Please?

, , , , | Working | October 12, 2021

I’m in pretty good shape, but I like to eat, so it’s a happy balance of regular exercise and the occasional treat. I realise that I will never have a six-pack, but I’m a really healthy weight and have come really far.

Occasionally, I will have a bit of a treat day, skip the workout, and eat what I want for the day. On one of these days, I decide to grab a take-out for lunch and drive by the donut shop for something sweet. I get back to my desk and dig in. From nowhere, [Coworker] appears.

Coworker: “I wish I could eat anything and be thin.”

Me: “Oh, to be fair, I do exercise every day and go for—”

Coworker: *Interrupting* “I mean, if I ate that, I would just be even fatter than I am now. You are so lucky.”

Me: “Well, it’s not really luck. I am really careful with what I eat and how much I treat—”

Coworker: *Not listening at all now* “I think I’ve always been this way.”

Me: “Well, great talking to you. I’m going to eat my food now.”

Coworker: *Walking away* “So lucky.”

Nothing like being told hours of hard work every week and maintaining a healthy diet is just “luck” or, as she implied, purely genetics. The funny thing is that when I first met [Coworker], she did all she could to sneer at my healthy lunches. It’s funny how people “forget” and edit their narrative to suit them and what they want to believe.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!