Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Back-Breaking Dramatics

, , , , | Right | March 12, 2020

(I work as a cashier at a popular retail chain and our system goes down due to a storm that has reached its climax. A woman in my line tries to swipe her credit card right as my register freezes. I call a manager over and the customer begins to yell at her.)

Customer #1: “This is just great. Every time I come in here this happens to me.”

Manager: “Ma’am, I am so sorry. I understand your frustrat—”

Customer #1: “Yeah! You’re always sorry, but you never seem to do anything about it. This is terrible customer service.”

(My manager continues to fiddle with the computer and tells me to move to another register to rescan all of her groceries. As I rescan, my manager rings up a $20 gift card for the woman. When I try to cash out the groceries, the system freezes again. The woman then begins to yell about her back.)

Customer #1: “I AM UNDER DOCTOR’S CARE! MY BACK IS KILLING ME AND I JUST WANT TO F****** GO HOME! EVERYONE IN HERE IS LOOKING AT ME!”

(By this time, the manager has notified me that all of the registers are down and that she has to call to get them to reboot it.)

Me: “All of the registers are down, so I’m pretty sure nobody is looking at you.”

Customer #1: “MY BACK IS HURTING ME SO BAD! I WANT SOME D*** COMPENSATION!”

(My manager then tells me to go get her a chair. I walk all the way to the other end of the store to get it. As I walk up, another customer approaches me angrily to tell me his card has been charged three times.)

Customer #1: “IT CHARGED YOUR ACCOUNT THREE TIMES? THAT’S IT! I’M CALLING MY BANK!”

(The customer calls her bank and then announces that her card has been charged twice. She then starts to fake cry. When she notices that nobody is looking at her tantrum, she starts to threaten to call the police.)

Customer #1: “I’m calling the police so I can leave here without getting arrested. I can prove to them that I paid for them since they wanna call me a liar!”

Me: “Ma’am, nobody called you a liar.”

(She then proceeded to call the police and cuss at my managers as everyone stared at her. When the police arrived, she gave them her whole spiel and they told her to leave the store. I don’t know what your name is, ma’am, but I would like to thank you on behalf of the employees and customers that were there at the time, because you were amusement for that whole thirty minutes that you were in there barking at everyone. You are an embarrassment to yourself and your family and I hope you read this!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!