Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

An Explanation Is Not On The Cards

, , , , | Related | December 26, 2023

My partner and I are getting ready to visit relatives over Christmas. As is typical of our planning prowess, my partner is writing out the Christmas cards last minute as we’re getting ready to leave.

I call him over to help me with something, and then he packs up all the card, and we’re on our way. The gathering is lovely, and we especially enjoy spending time with our two nieces. One of them is seven years old and has taken to Chess so well that she has actually beaten both my partner and I quite easily!

Both nieces open their cards excitedly, but our little Chess prodigy looks confused with hers.

Niece: “Mummy, what does this mean?”

She hands the card to her mother, who then gives us a stern look.

Mother: “I don’t know, [Niece’s Name]. Why don’t you ask Aunty [My Name]?”

She brings the card over and I read the card with shock. I call over my partner to explain. He looks at the card and goes pale white.

Partner: “I… I must have forgotten to finish what I was writing! When you called me over to help, I… I’m so sorry!”

What he had meant to write, was:

Card: “We’re looking forward to beating you at chess some day.”

What he’d ended up writing and sealing in the card, was:

Card: “We’re looking forward to beating you”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!