Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Addressing The Lack Of Addressing, Part 5

, , , | Right | November 15, 2021

I work for a local authority that runs a health scheme you can refer yourself to.

One of my coworkers receives a phone call from an irate lady. She sent in her application form weeks ago and hasn’t had her first appointment letter yet.

My coworker asks for her phone number to get the manager to call her back, but apparently, the woman snaps that we don’t need her phone number, gives her address again, and says to just send out her letter!

The manager comes into our office soon after and my coworker says she just emailed him and gives him a summary of the problem.

Manager: *Rolls his eyes* “I don’t understand. The letters we send are always returned and she refuses to give us her phone number. Where’s the form?”

My coworker brings it out and shows the manager both places on the form where the address has to be filled in and reads it off her telephone pad.

Coworker: “See? It matches the form, 39 [Street]!”

Me: “What? That can’t be right.”

Manager: “Oh, it definitely is. Look.”

Me: “Well, all I know is that I lived at 22 [Street] for fourteen years, and I can tell you there are no odd-numbered houses in that street.”

Manager: “You’re sure?”

Me: “Positive. The postcode is [postcode], isn’t it?”

Manager: *Leaving the office* “Yes! Thank you.”

As I understand it, he contacted the lady’s doctor and asked them to phone her requesting she phone us with her real address.

I don’t know whether she did or not, but we didn’t get any more angry phone calls. She could have been giving a previous house number if she’d recently moved, but I didn’t get that impression. Personally, I think she wanted to cause trouble and shout at someone.

Related:
Addressing The Lack Of Addressing, Part 4
Addressing The Lack Of Addressing, Part 3
Addressing The Lack Of Addressing, Part 2
Addressing The Lack Of Addressing

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!