Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Addressing The Lack Of Addressing, Part 2

, , , , , | Right | August 9, 2020

I work in online customer service for a large chain of home improvement stores. We also work with multiple third-party vendors. Due to certain restrictions, our stores cannot accept third-party deliveries, so anything our customers order directly from our vendors is shipped right to their home. This is a transcript of an online chat with one of our customers.

Me: “Thank you for contacting customer service. How can I help you today?”

Customer: “I am purchasing an item for vendor direct shipping. Where can I indicate that I would like it shipped to the nearest store?”

Me: “Unfortunately, our stores are not able to accept third-party deliveries, so that order would need to be shipped directly to your home.”

Customer: “But I want it delivered to the store. I don’t like putting my address online.”

Me: “I’m sorry about that, ma’am, but vendor direct shipments can’t be shipped to stores. There’s nowhere on the website where you can select that option.”

Customer: “Well, I’m just going to put my name and the store’s address. They have to accept it and hold it for me. I don’t want to give you my address! You’ll just sell it!”

Me: “Ma’am, I do apologize that this is inconvenient for you, but that is just not available for this type of shipment. If you put in the store’s address, the delivery will be refused and returned to the sender, and you will be charged for the return shipping.”

Customer: “Fine! I just won’t order from you, then! I can get this cheaper from somewhere else anyway, and they won’t scam me into giving my information so they can just sell it! THIS IS WHY I HATE YOU AMERICAN COMPANIES!”

We are a Canadian-based company.

Me: “I’m very sorry to hear that, ma’am. Is there anything else I can help you with today?”

Customer: “No, ma’am. I hope you have your resume updated because YOUR COMPANY IS GOING DOWN IN FLAMES!”

The chat session disconnected.

Related:
Addressing The Lack Of Addressing

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!