Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Power Browser!

, , | Right | November 25, 2021

My store is a big open warehouse area with a blocked off “employee only” area for getting new stock ready for this store and sister stores. There are two openings for getting from the front store area to the back stock area. One is always open wide enough for appliances; one varies depending on how full the place is.

Admittedly, the front and back are currently overloaded with appliances making it a bit of a maze, so between that and how signs sometimes get moved to get appliances back and forth, we get customers wandering into the back of the warehouse often.

Today, we have so many appliances that the second passage is almost entirely blocked off. I am startled to find a customer wandering through looking at some of the back stock.

Me: *Politely* “These aren’t ready yet.”

I show him how to get back to the front with a sympathetic remark.

Me: “Yeah, it’s hard to tell where the paths are sometimes.”

But then I see that the “opening” the guy had gone through was almost entirely blocked by fridges, maybe a foot wide! He had to turn sideways and squeeze just to get through!

I’m not sure I’ve ever had that sort of determination to continue browsing in my life!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!