Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Phone Case Of Karma

, , , | Right | June 28, 2023

After every smartphone that we sell, we have to offer device protection that covers physical damage.

One customer in particular is rude during the entire transaction, sighing and snapping at me every time I ask him a question or need something from him. When I get around to asking him about the protection, he looks up at me and nearly shouts:

Customer: “I’ve about had it with all your questions! No, I don’t want the d*** protection! Do I look like the type of idiot that would throw my phone around?! What the h*** is wrong with you people?!”

Me: “I understand, sir. However, if you don’t take the protection, I would at least recommend picking up a case to make sure—”

Customer: “Are you deaf?! I said I’m not an idiot! I am careful and take care of my stuff! No more stupid questions!”

Eager to just get him out and be done with him, I finished the transaction and sent him on his way. He was not even five steps out of the door when I heard the sound of a brand-new iPhone smacking face-down onto the concrete walkway. I looked up just in time to watch him slowly pick it up and turn bright red with what I could only assume was a combination of embarrassment and frustration.

My coworkers and the other customers waiting in line laughed about that for quite some time.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!