Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Not-So-Smooth Operator

, , , , | Right | CREDIT: gravelangel | July 4, 2021

We just got a one-star review from a guest who stayed with us on Christmas Eve. She arrived alone in a rideshare fresh from having hip replacement surgery. Her complaint? We did not accommodate her disability because we were not able to provide a room with no carpet, a wheelchair to get her to her room, a bellman to take care of getting her and her luggage to her room, room service so she could get something to eat without leaving her room… and on and on.

First off, we are a Select Service property. Bellmen, room service, etc. — never had it, never will. Second, in what universe is hotel staff responsible for taking care of post-operation patients? Thirdly, thank you for wrecking our perfect score this month with your whining. Maybe you should not have waited until your discharge date to make a hotel reservation while hopped up on painkillers!

The entitlement of so many people these days is just astonishing, and I’ve been in this business for close to twenty years.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!