Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

A Hot Slice Of Confusion

, , , | Right | February 2, 2021

I work as the lunchtime cook at a popular pizza chain, and I’m cleaning up at the end of my shift when I get a call.

Me: “Thank you for calling. If I can get a phone number I can start your order.”

Caller: “No, I don’t. I want a pizza.”

Me: *A little confused* “Okay, and what can we get you?”

The customer starts talking to multiple people on the other end of the line, presumably to get the order situated. I’m doing my best to get their food punched into the POS, but the customer insists on changing toppings and sizes multiple times, all the while still talking over me on the phone and answering questions from the people with her.

Finally, we get to the end.

Me: “And will that be all for tonight?”

Caller: “What’s my price?”

Me: “Its $24.55, and we should have it ready in—”

Caller: “That’s incorrect and you will change it.”

Me: “Unfortunately, with the extra toppings you got on your pizzas, this is the correct price.”

I list off the toppings and their costs.

Caller: “I don’t understand what you’re saying! Who’s taking my call right now?”

Me: “Uh, [My Name]?”

Caller: “Uh-huh, and who’s cooking, then?”

Me: “That would also be me.”

Caller: “Oh, my God, you are so stupid! Never mind. I guess I’ll have to get good answers from people who aren’t incompetent. I hope you cook better than you speak!”

They hung up, leaving me confused. They later harassed the woman on the till the same way when they came to pick up their food, saying they’d never shop here again. They’re still regulars.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!