Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #320971

, , , | Unfiltered | March 27, 2024

I work with a bunch of programmers, and we just got a new hire less then two weeks ago. He was waiting to get all his accounts and accesses assigned so he could do productive work, and so in the meantime we gave him some busy work making up a bunch of fake users to put into a tool that’s suppose to help better combine our user data and identify connections between users that were considering licensing.

Yesterday he got the last of his accesses and so sent us the second, and final, copy of the test users he was creating. In an e-mail labeled “[tool] test users 2, electric boogaloo”

It was a good test list, with lost of potential edge cases, he even had one trans person with a pre and post transition record to see if the tool could successfully realize the records belonged to the same person (it marked them as ‘possible match’ if your wondering). However, that isn’t why I’m writing about it now.

He clearly decided to have some fun with creating users. For example he had a test user John Doe, e-mail address doeADearAFemaleDear@yahoo.com, who’s children were re mi fah so la and ti. And one Homer Simpson married So Doe to become Homer Doe because, as the description explained “Homer couldn’t resist marrying into the DOE family, even if he is only a so-so husband”

Every single person created had some sort of silly name, description, or other criteria. People had e-mail addresses like ImTooSexyForMyMail@hotmail.com or anyoneRememberAOL@aol.com.

The coworker also made numerous reference to the classic ‘characters’ used to explain cryptography. For example Alice and bob use to be married before Alice divorced Bob after he had an affair with Chuck (who in cryptography world is the third person joining a conversation who has malicious intent). My favorite of these was Eve, who in crypto world is a person trying to listen in on Alice and Bob’s conversation.

Description: “Eve S. Droppa is the completely innocent and trustworthy current wife of Alice, because Love is Love!”,
former Name: “Eve ill”
Email: “youWonTheLottery@phishing.com”,
Social: “1337-42-666
twitter handle: “totallyNotSpyingOnYou”,

Eve was also tagged as having a connection to the user Prince A. Pal who’s address was in Nigeria and who’s description was “This guy just got a huge inheritance, if only someone could help him to withdraw it…”

I had way more fun then I should have reading through all the users he created. All I can think is the new guy is going to fit in quite well here.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!