Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #295480

, , , | Unfiltered | July 4, 2023

It was 2017, a hard year for many people. I had just gone through a breakup for reasons and was bitter about true love. My family didn’t know because our mother is from a culture that doesn’t understand dating, and my siblings can get very nosy about it. I think my older brother knew, though, because I accidentally messaged him calling him my ex’s pet name.

For context, I have four siblings, and three were with us for the holiday. We were on the beach, and my older sister and I walking ahead and out of Mom’s earshot. Big Sis asked me what I thought about dating. During the breakup, I was a mess and hid it from my family. It must have been obvious.

“Guys suck,” I said quite bitterly.

Unknown to me, Big Bro was behind me. Cue two large arms hoisting me just above the sand.

“Guys suck! Guys suck! Guys suck!” Big Bro sang happily, swinging me around like we were kids again. I’m two heads shorter than him, and he worked out a lot before the pandemic. He had to put me down after a few seconds.

I think Big Bro was trying to cheer me up. If that was the case, it worked. I laughed as he set me down and clarified that brothers were excluded.

This year we are in a pandemic but Big Bro is engaged to a lovely woman that we all adore. It’s convinced me that no, guys do not suck. You just need a sibling that will help you laugh during hard times.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!