Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #289197

, , , | Unfiltered | April 19, 2023

During the pandemic, I’ve been shopping for people who can’t, or shouldn’t, go out and shop for themselves. At the beginning I had 6-8 people I was helping, but when I went back to work, I only kept 3 as the others needed Food Bank deliveries that happened on Tuesday afternoons for which I was no longer available.
The afternoon of Thanksgiving I get a call from an older woman who’s call display shows I know her from the charity – as a Food Bank recipient. (I note everyone in my phone of how I know them so it’s easier to answer.)
Caller: Hi Sissi. Are you home?
Me: Umm, its [My Name (similar to Sissi)].
Caller: Did you change your name?
Me: Nope. Always [My Name].
Caller: Are you home right now?
Me: I am.
Caller: Great, can you come over, I have a card for you.
Me: Oh wow, that’s so nice. Thank you. Can you remind me of your address because I was only there a few times in the Spring.
Caller: Don’t be silly. Just come upstairs.
Me: I- what? I’m at home.
Caller: Yeah, with your Mom, Sam.
Me: No, with my husband, Tyler.
The caller starts laughing, almost manically.
Caller: You’re lying to me. You’re home with your Mom.
Me: I’m really not.
Caller: Don’t lie to me.
Me: I don’t know what to tell you, I’m not lying.
Over and over, the not-jovial laugh kept coming while she told me to stop kidding around.
We finally ended the call with her not really believing me, but an agreement that I wasn’t coming over.
Two days later, she called me while I was at work asking me to come over, because she knew I was home.
I sat at my desk with coworkers listening in to me try and convince her she was calling the wrong person. (I’d told them the odd story at lunch so they knew what was going on.)
The next day I let her call go to voicemail so she could hear my voicemail. (It’s a professional voicemail message as only work people hear it. Friends know to text me.) She didn’t leave a message and hasn’t called since so I hope she figured it out – and found Sissi.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!