Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #284778

, , | Unfiltered | February 27, 2023

This story happened before my marriage. My parents had just met my husband and were pretty happy with him. He is not much of a talker, but has a really great sense of humor. My father was a silent man and my mother liked humor, so they all got along very easily.
He would come home almost every evening to meet me at my place. My mother would request him to dine with us on most evenings and he would happily agree as he had gotten comfortable with all of us and it would give us some extra time with each other too.
On one such occasions my mother had made a dish that is served with fresh lemon on the side for extra seasoning. The lemon is optional; it is there on the table for whoever wishes to help themselves. My husband hates sour taste. So, he politely refused to season his dish with the extra lemon.
My mother being the typical Indian mother who equated food and love, started forcing him to try it at least once would enhance the taste. She just couldn’t fathom how someone didn’t like it. She was convinced that he would like it if he tried.
After a little back and forth of her offering and his refusing, he got very serious and gave me a hard stare. I was silently enjoying this banter until then. Then he popped this gem:
“My heart is as pure as milk, it will curdle with lemon. Please don’t do that”
My mother was dumbfound for a minute while she processed that statement and then joined me in a full blown laughter. We repeat that statement and this story whenever he’s offered anything sour!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!