Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #262413

, , | Unfiltered | August 1, 2022

The hotel I work at has a bunch of things they want you to pass along at check in. Breakfast hours, pool hours, fitness center hours, and then how to work the elevator because it requires a guest key to be scanned first and then the floor selected in order for it to actually work. Since it’s a lot of information to say at every check in, I’ll usually just ask the guests if they are familiar with our property to save time. If they say yes, I clarify: breakfast, pool, elevator, they know it all? If they say yes again, I tell them to have a good day and send them on their way.

So I have a guest checking in as part of a traveling sports team. He hands over his ID, I get him checked in, make his keys, and start my spiel.

Me: “Okay, and are you familiar with our prperty?”

Guest: “Yes.”

Me: “Breakfast hours, pool, elevator, you remember all that?”

Guest: “Yeah.”

Me: *hands him the key packet with his keys* “Okay, then you’re all set! Here’s the room number and have a nice day!”

Guest: “Okay and breakfast hours are when?”

Me: *facepalms internally* “They’re 7am-10am on the weekends, Sir.”

Guest: *already walking away* “Okay okay cool. Yeah thanks.”

Me: *goes in back where my manager is doing paperwork and dies laughing, telling my manager what just happened*

My manager: “Oh my god WHAT?!”

Me: “I’m literally counting down from 5 to 1 waiting for the guy to come back telling me the elevator doesn’t work.”

For the record, no, he didn’t come back. And yes, I did stand at the desk counting down waiting.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!