Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #257081

, , , | Unfiltered | April 19, 2022

My girlfriend and I have been living together for five years, but our families don’t know we are gay and think we are just roommates and good friends. Girlfriend recently proposed to me and I accepted and we had to tell our parents. She went first and it could not have gone any worse. Her mom locked herself in the bathroom as her dad yelled and accused me of corrupting his daughter. He told her he never wanted to see her again.

I didn’t want to tell my parents after that because my dad is very old fashioned.

Me: “Dad, I have something to tell you. [Girlfriend] and I are gay and we are planning to get married.”

Dad, walking over to girlfriend: “Congratulations. I’ve always wanted another daughter. But hopefully you’re not as big of a pain in the rear as this one was.”

My bear of a dad hugged me and my girlfriend and told her that if her dad didn’t come around, he’d walk us both around the aisle. When I asked him why he was so accepting, he said “I don’t really get being gay, but you love who you love”.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!