Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #253447

, , , | Unfiltered | February 15, 2022

This takes place in a fairly small but reasonably popular bar and grill about twenty minutes from my house. My fiancee and I decided that we hadn’t had a date night in entirely too long, so off we went to see a movie and grab dinner. It helped that we had a discount card that covered quite a few places, and this bar and grill was one of the places listed. Neither one of us had ever been before. When we first get there, we are already unimpressed, as the wait to get drinks and cutlery is already a bit unreasonable. But then the real show starts.

Bad Waitress: <i>Drops out cuttlery, does not take our drink orders or in any way attempt to serve us, instead spends nearly twenty seconds rambling about how she wasn’t told we were seated, it wasn’t her fault, we shouldn’t get mad at her, the place had gone downhill, and everything is awful under her new management. </i>

My Fiancee: We’re not mad at you, please just take our order.

Bad Waitress <i> CONTINUES to ramble, nothing about our order or drinks, just about how bad she has it and how she’s new and it’s not fair we’d be mad at her.</i>

Me: Please, maybe bad mouthing your place of employment to the customer isn’t such a great idea? Please stop rambling, we’re in a hurry, can you just take our order?

Bad Waitress: <i> FINALLY gets down to business, giving me a dirty look.</i> Okay, guys, can I get you some appatizers?

Fiancee: No, but we’re kind of in a hurry and late now. Can we go ahead and just order?

<i> We place our orders. I make the mistake of wanting an alcoholic drink; Bad Waitress had no idea how much it is, and has to be TOLD to go find out after nearly a full minute of flipping through my menu, leaning way too close, and telling me over and over she doesn’t know because she’s new-upon which time she mutters at my back that ‘she was going to do that in a minute’. I grit my teeth and say nothing.

She also takes nearly two full minutes to squint at my ID, her expression blank and empty, then rambles about ‘where are you from’ and ‘it looks different’.

It’s an ID from Florida, but not a single other waitress in any other resturant here has had an issue with it, or difficulty reading it. This lady is the very first one, and I half suspect she thinks it’s fake and is trying to find something wrong with it.

A few minutes later, we FINALLY get our drinks and she mutters how the fact that I got my alcholic drink first was wrong, but ‘whatever’, and walks away after dropping them in front of us without so much as a friendly word. We decide to shake her off and not let it ruin our date; and we manage for a while.

Until we are literally in the middle of a conversation. She walks over to us, stops between us, and while I am in mid sentence, starts complaining AGAIN. She tells us about the inner workings of the seating chart, complaining how it’s not right, about how no one ever tells her anything, etc, etc. I finally snap. </i>

Me: <i> Holding my hand up between her and I. </i> PLEASE. We don’t care, we don’t want to hear it.

Bad Waitress: I was talking to <i> her</i>. <i>Motions angrily at my fiancee.</i>

Me: Manager. Now.

Bad Waitress: Okay, I’ll get her, but I don’t know if you want her. <i> Goes on about how the manager is unreliable, bad, a horrible person, making faces the whole time.</i>

Me: I don’t care. Go. Find her.

<i> She goes to do that, coming back two or three times to tell us how she can’t find her, how she’s probably on a smoke break, how awful it all is, while we both get more awkward and angry. About the fourth time she walks by she comments AGAIN, this time ending in ‘but we’ll find her’. </i>

Me: You’d better. <i> Not mature, but I was very, very done. </i>

Her: What?! <i> Comes over and gets in my face. </i>

Me: You heard me. You’d better. And quickly.

<i> This results in her walking away, and here in my real breaking point; she makes faces at my back to my fiancee, as if expecting her to be a partner in crime.

My fiancee does not like confrontation and has been the calmer and more paitent one in this entire situation, though she is just as irritated and upset at this woman’s behavior; this is the last straw as she loudly says- ‘Are you making FACES at her?’

I whip around in time to catch her mid-childish expression, and lunge to my feet. Bad Waitress clearly thinks I am about to hit her; which is hilarious, as I am a 4’11 female who is rather thin. I’ve been told I ‘Kubrick’ very well when truly angry, though. I demand that BW lead me, personally, to her manager, even if it takes us all day to find her. We end up finding a second, very nice young waitress.</i>

Good Waitress: No idea where the manager is, sorry.

Bad Waitress: SEE?!?!? I told you! I wasn’t lying!

Me: I never said you were lying. I said your attitude is pathetic and you’d better get a new one if you expect to stay working here, or anywhere. <i> To Good Waitress</i> Hon, can you make sure the manager finds me? I don’t trust [Bad Waitress] to do it. And can you or someone else come take over our table? I really don’t want anything to do with her at all anymore.

Good Waitress: Oh, God, of course. Sure.

<i> I explain the situation to both Good Waitress and then, a minute later, Manager. Both of them are extremely apologetic and utterly embaressed; it comes out they’ve had issues with Bad Waitress in the past, including just the previous night.

Good Waitress is a fantastic server- attentive, friendly, and sweet- and Manager is a wonderful, freindly woman who talks with us for a while and comps our entire meal unprompted, including getting me a second drink on the house.

We make sure Good Waitress gets a decent tip, and ask Manager if it’s possible to leave her some small tip as well, as she kept coming back to our table to check on us when Good Waitress wasn’t. End of story, really; the last I saw of Bad Waitress, she had been pulled off the floor and all her tables, and a differant waitress was taking care of them while she seemed to be doing some paperwork or inventory or something, I couldn’t see clearly.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!