Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #250586

, , , | Unfiltered | December 29, 2021

One day whilst working at a Park & Ride site on the outskirts of Cambridge I noticed a lady waiting but not getting on any of the buses to the town. I just assumed that she was waiting to be collected.

After about an hour she approached me.

Customer: (Quite aggressively) What’s happened to the buses to Ely? They are supposed to be every ten minutes!

Me: I’m Sorry but we don’t serve Ely from this location, but if you walk into the village nearby you can catch a bus from there, they run every hour! (Whilst handing her a timetable).

Customer: But this is a Park & Ride. You should have a bus to Ely!

Me: Ely is over twelve miles away. Sorry but this is a Park & Ride for Cambridge.

Customer: (Getting even more irate and shouting) I know where Ely is, how am I supposed to know that this isn’t Ely Park & Ride?

Me: (Pointing to the many large signs) Well all of the signs say Cambridge Park & Ride. Sorry, there is nothing to indicate that we have any other services from this location

She didn’t see the funny side. Even as I gave her directions to drive to Ely (I discovered that she had driven to the site) she was being militant but I Wrote down the directions whilst showing her. which were take the right hand exit from the car park. Then turn left at the junction and that will take you all the way to Ely.

There is a sign at the junction pointing left that say’s Ely A10. As I watched her drive out she turned right!

Later she telephoned and demanded that I have signs saying that this Park & Ride does not go to Ely.

Me: That would be a good idea but then I would have to list every city that wasn’t served and that would be expensive. Also if I missed a city people could be waiting for hours believing they could catch a Park and Ride to Birmingham because it wasn’t on the list of places we didn’t serve.
It would probably be simpler if we just mentioned the only locations we did serve on the signs.

I Think the penny dropped and she realised how ludicrous she was being but she still ranted and then hung up.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!