Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #248557

, , , | Unfiltered | December 1, 2021

Its the week after classes and our university is on limited hours because few people are on campus, but our bookstore is still open because its right before the holidays and we all love those last minute shoppers. So we have been fielding phone calls all day from people asking our hours. I answer the phone.

Me: (University Name) Bookstore, how can I help you

Customer: Hi, I’m calling because I want to know what your hours are this week.

Me: We are open Monday through Friday form 8AM-4:30PM this week, after Friday we will be closed until January

Customer: Okay, and how can I get to the bookstore through the main gates>

Me: Actually its easier to get to the bookstore if you drive past the gates on (name) street and go up (other name) street. You can’t miss us

Customer: But we usually go through the gates on (name I have never heard of) street

Me: (Street?) I have never heard of that.

Customer: Its just off of (other street I’m not familiar with) Where the gates are.

I’m really confused at this point as our university only has one gate and its definitely not on the street she’s naming. In fact, I don’t know of any streets in our city by the names she is saying.

Me: This is (name) University you are trying to reach right?

Customer: Oh, you mean this isn’t (different university that is in a completely different state)?

Me: Uh no.

I have no idea why my answering the phone with the name of a completely different university didn’t tip this woman off that she had the wrong number.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!