Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #246334

, , | Unfiltered | October 27, 2021

I had recently started a new job, one that deals with manufacturing and handling large items so I had to always use safety glasses, the only problem is my eyesight is horrible things start getting blurry at about 8 in from my eyes and further than that it’s completely useless, so I would have to wear corrective lenses. Contacts are not the best for this line of work because a solvent or something could get underneath and could cause a lot of damage and pain so I got a requisition order to get some prescription safety glasses. I went to the store, a store I usually don’t go to, because they supported my company’s requisition request, did the whole process and was out quickly. As I was heading out I noticed that there was a large Sporting Goods store right next door that I hadn’t been in for a long time, my curiosity got me and I had no idea why but I went into the store to wander around. When I entered the workers greeted me and asked if they could help me, I just told them that I didn’t really have a purpose as to why I was there but I was just going to Snoop around for a little bit see if I found anything that peaked my interest. as I was going I overheard the workers talking about what they wanted to do for dinner, they were deciding between (fast food restaurant a) and (fast food restaurant b), to all of our surprise I had just came from (restaurant a) and had a horrible experience, taking 20 minutes to get one simple sandwich, so I informed them that they should not go there tonight because they were very slow. All of the workers looked at me fairly stunned and I had no idea why until one of them said to another, “your cards actually worked!” Now I was the one standing around confused, they explain to me that one of the workers had used some fortune telling cards to get guidance about what to eat for dinner, and they jokingly said that the reason why I actually came in was to tell them not to go to one of the restaurants, and that was my whole purpose for my visit that night. I told them that it probably was, because I haven’t found anything that I would be interested in, and just told them that since my purpose there was complete I would be leaving, I’m still shaking my head at this random sequence of events. Maybe I should get a deck of those cards too!

I’m sure you already do this, but if you use this feel free to edit for clarity and for punctuation and run-on sentence correction, I’m no English major :)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!