Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #241793

, , | Unfiltered | August 16, 2021

I’m planning an overseas trip, so I’m looking at hotels to book online. I am reading reviews for a particular hotel, one of which has caught my eye. The score isn’t too low, but it’s noticeably below average.

First, I looked at all the positive things this reviewer had to say.

“Staff speaks fluent English”
“Very friendly & hospitable”
“Close to many restaurants, shops, and parks”
“Excellent ocean view”
“Very clean”

These are all very good things to see. Then I shifted my focus to the negative side, just to see why this hotel scored so low with this reviewer.

“Staff does not speak a single word of Japanese.”

That is literally the only bad thing this person had to say about this hotel. Somehow, this was enough to merit a 4.7 out of 10. Never mind the fact that this reviewer seems to understand English more than adequately, or that very few countries outside of Japan speak Japanese, the country that this hotel is located in doesn’t even get that many Japanese tourists!

I ended up booking a room at this hotel since most of the other reviews were overwhelmingly positive.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!