Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #239425

, , | Unfiltered | July 14, 2021

It’s about seven in the morning and my husband and I and two friends have stopped to get some breakfast on the way into Albany for a convention.
I decide to get two hash browns and a biscuit, I know this will cause confusion as every time I ask for just a biscuit ibter odd looks because most people get them as a sandwich. However, I have ordered them on the mobile app for the restaurant so I know this can be done.
My husband gets through the biscuit thing with about as much difficulty as I knew would happen, and orders one hash brown. He intents to get the second as part of his meal and give it to me. Heres where it gets interesting.
Husband: and I would like to get orange juice with the meal.
Cashier: *puts coffee into the order* small coffee?
Husband: no, orange juice please.
Cashier: cream and sugar in that?
Husband: I would like the substitute orange juice for coffee.
(Its worth mentioning my husband hates coffee and has never ordered it)
Cashier: oh, okay.
She leaves coffee on the order, but does give him an orange juice. We know this is wrong because there is an upcharge to make this substitute.
When he gets the receipt, he comes and sits down with our group and notices she did not put the order in as a meal so no extra hash brown for me. I am not the type to complain about food too much, possibly from reading as much as I have of NAR, however, I really want my hash brown! So I ask him to double check with the cashier. She ends up just throwing an extra hash brown in the bag, which is also going to cut short the payment on our order.
We think they were nearing the end of a shift change, I hope the poor girl got to go home and rest soon.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!