Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #239423

, | Unfiltered | July 14, 2021

When I was 18, I had my first boyfriend. After the first pregnancy scare I decide to get the pill. I find a local OB/GYN and everything goes fine until one time I don’t get my period – another pregnancy scare for me. Obviously I am very nervous when I get to my next appointment. The nurse in my doctor’s office is hardly older than myself and also seems quite unexperienced. It is the normal procedure at this office that the nurse asks the patient some standard questions before the actual exam. She leads me into a room that is not the actual exam room.

Nurse: So, when was your last period?

Me: Yes, I was going to ask about that… Is it possible I just skipped it because of the pill?

Nurse (uncertain): That normally doesn’t happen. And it couldn’t be a pregnancy?

(Cue mini-heart attack)

Me: Well, normally not, as I am on the pill!

Nurse: Er… Well, that doesn’t normally happen. (She gives me a pitiful look, and then adds:) I’m going to have to take you back to the waiting area, we need this room for another patient now.

So 18-year-old me, scared as hell, is sent back to sit in the waiting area for another 10-15 minutes. Finally, I get called to the examination with the doctor. I want to ask my question but before I can even open my mouth, my doctor happily tells me:

Doctor: You take [pill], correct? With that one, it sometimes happens that you just skip your period!

(I don’t know if the nurse was falsely instructed or simply answered a question she couldn’t answer, but scaring the s*** out of me and sending me back to wait another 15 minutes definitely wasn’t the way to go!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!