Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #238049

, | Unfiltered | July 5, 2021

I work in a call center for a very large satellite company, I’ve also been told my voice sounds like Jim Ross and Minnie Mouse had a baby over the phone.

me- “Thank you for calling [company] Technical support. This is [my name], how can I help you?”

caller- “You need to quit your job, you don’t know what you are doing. just quit”

**keep in mind I’ve never spoken to this dude in my life thinking he missed my greeting or wasn’t paying attention**

me-“I’m sorry sir? this is [my name], at [company] technical support, how can I help you?”

caller – “I said you need to quit your job, you don’t know how to do it”

me- ” no sir, I will not be quitting my job, but if you can tell me your issue I assure you I can help!”

caller-“no, you just need to quit your job, you don’t know how to do it so quit or get fired”

***this goes on for about 10 minutes, me telling him I’m not quitting but will help and him for some reason bringing Trump into the conversation (pretty election) as a way of reassuring me it is OK to threaten me IDK, finally I say***

me- “Sir, are you going to allow me to assist you or are you just going to continue to insult me? if its the later I will go ahead and disconnect the call” **note this is an idle threat I can’t do that* “what’s the name on the account?”

caller gives name

me – ” thank you [callers name] what is going on tonight?”

caller “I added sports channels this morning and I can’t watch movies! I want them gone now!”

me- “sure thing, I do see the previous agents removed them already I’m sorry for any confusion as sports channels generally don’t show movies so that package wouldn’t suit your needs”

caller – “we’ll why the heck are they still I m guide??“”

me -” not to worry, the guide will update within 24 hours and you won’t see them in the guide anymore!”

caller – “I don’t like your voice, you sound like a baby! stop talking like a baby!”

me- “I’m sorry sir? This is my normal voice, this is what I sound like. I can’t help it”

caller “Bullshit, you’re talking like a baby I don’t like it change your voice”

me-” no sir, I’m sorry you don’t like my voice, but it’s the voice God gave me and I can’t change it”

caller -“you don’t know what you are doing! quit your job”

**repeat convo x2 before he finally hung up on me****

in over 10 years call center work that was a first.n

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!