Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #238051

, | Unfiltered | July 5, 2021

I was working at my garden and pet shop in France, as a cashier on a Saturday as I always do while I’m in college.

I was busy cashing out a client when I hear someone yelling so I lift up my head. Important note for the following scene, our carts are old and make a lot of noise, especially when you go very fast and theres a pillar in front of the 5 cash registers.

At the end of the line of people waiting to pay, there was a woman screaming at another client because he was going way too fast ( he wasn’t, I would’ve heard the caracteristic sound of the carts) and nearly ran over her child that had just jumped out from behind the pillar in front of the men’s cart. It devolved in a screaming match and I stood there, not very sure what to do and with all the other clients looking at me to see if I would intervene and commenting on how irrational the mother was being, how she should’ve watched her child better and put her in the child seat of her cart if she didn’t want the toddler to get hurt by others who couldn’t see her.

Before I could think of any thing to say to calm the confrontation, the man decided to change cash registers and the woman was cashed out fast and all huffy.

The only think I took out of this is that I should always look around me and be sure there are no mothers around, because they become crazy the moment their child is in perceived danger. Also I remember how my mom would’ve dragged me out of the way and tell me not to jump in the middle of passage unless I wanted to get hurt.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!