Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #234082

, | Unfiltered | May 11, 2021

I work at a call centre for an online shop of a big phone manufacturor. Note that we support an online shop for the phones, we are not the actuall manufacturor but another company and we act as a separate retailer for the company. I get the following call just now:

Me: Thank you for calling (Company) online shop. How can I help you.
Customer: Hey I have had a cathalog from you and I want to order a new phone. Can you please send me another cathalog.
Me: I’m sorry madam we are an online shop and do not send cathalogs out. You are welcomed to go to our website or go to a physical store to look at the phones.
Customer: No, I want you to send me a cathalog. You have send me one before. How else would I order. Can you take an order over the phone?
Me: Sure I can get your order over the phone, but for security we are not allowed to accept any card details over the phone and can only accept on order with a bank transfer. But if you want to place an order with a card or Paypal you can go to our website.
Customer:Can I pay montly with direct debit.
Me: The only monthly payment option we have on our website is Paypal credit. If you have a Paypal account you can apply for it.
Customer:But can a get the phone on contract?
Me: We only offer Paypal credit. If you want to get the phone with direct debit you can go to a physical store or any mobile provider to get it on contract.
Customer: But I can’t make the order over the phone now?
Me: I’m sorry we only accept order with bank transfer over the phone.
Customer: But can I get the phone on contract?
Me: As I’ve said already we only offer Paypal credit over the phone.
Customer:But why can’t you send me a cathalog.
Me:Madam, we are a separate online shop, not the manufacturer. We don’t send cathalogs, but if you want to see our phones you can go to our website or go to a physoical store.
Customer: But you’ve send me cathalogs before and I’ve ordered stuff on the phone from you before.
Me: In this case I would suggest you contact the team you’ve ordered from before. We are not allowed to take any payment details over the phone.
Customer: Can you give the right number to get a cathalog?
Me: Sorry madam, I don’t have any such number. As we are a separate retailer I have no way of knowing who sends these cathalogs and who you can call. We simply don’t have that information.
Customer: You’re not being very helpfull.
Me: I’m sorry madam, but as I’ve said we are an online shop, we only offer Paypal credit as a monthly payment option and we do not send out cathalogs. Our phones are displayed on our website, you can see them there. As a separate online retailers we have no way of knowing who in (Company) or which retailer may be able to accept an order over the phone and who sends out cathalog.
Customer: You are horrible. You are refusing to help me. If I get a feedback call I’m gonna say how horrible you were and not helpfull. Buy.
Me: *Dropped the call without sayng anything*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!