Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #229530

, , | Unfiltered | March 25, 2021

(I am a Customer in this story. My best friend and I in the express checkout line of a grocery store. We have one item each; the Customer in front of us has a full trolley. My friend walks up to the Customer as if to speak with him, when the Cashier speaks up instead.)

Cashier: “Sir, I’m going to have to ask you to move to a normal lane; this lane is for small amounts of items, not a full cart.”
(The Customer ignores her, and unloads items onto the belt. He wobbles a bit as he moves.)
Friend: *in French, to me* “This idiot reeks of alcohol.”
Me: “That explains the lack of coordination.”
(I am originally from France, but I live in the States. My friend learned the language when he lived in Europe.)

Cashier: “Sir, please move to a different checkout lane-“
Customer: “HUH?! AND WHAT IF I DON’T F***ING WANT TO?! I WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR MANAGER!”
Cashier: “I-I am a Manager, s-sir.”
Customer: “LIAR! WOMEN CAN’T BE MANAGERS!” *cough* “Now check me out like a good little girl!”
Me: *in French* “How disgusting.”
Friend: “No kidding…”
Cashier: “N-no. I am refusing you service. P-Please leave before I call security.”

Customer: “Don’t you call any f***king security, you b***h!” *He takes a swing at the Cashier, and his fist collides with her jaw. She shrieks, hides under the desk, and hits a silent alarm*

(He turns to us.)
Customer: “And you two, girly-boy and shrimpy kid!”
*My friend snickers to himself; he’s 5 feet in height, scrawny, but stronger and older than he looks.*
Customer: “You little s**ts need to stop with that stupid language!”
Me: “Excusez moi?”
Customer: “YEAH, THAT S***! Probably throwin’ all sorts of insults at me!”
Friend: *in English* “Well you’re right about that, you f***ing slob.”
Me: “[Friend’s Name]!” *I back up a few feet*
Friend: “What?” *He looks back at me, and flashes a sly grin* “It’s not like this moron can do anything to me.” *He turns back to the angry man.*

(The Customer becomes even more irate, and takes a swing at my friend. He manages to dodge the punch, and after a bit of struggling, has the Customer’s arms pinned behind his back. The Customer is face-down on the ground.)

Friend: “If you try to break free, I’ll break your f***ing arms!”
Customer: “You can’t do that!”
Friend: *devilish grin* “You wanna take that chance, dude?”
(Security arrives before the situation escalates any further. The woman ends up shaken but unharmed, and my friend receives a $20 gift card as thanks.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!