Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #227508

, , , | Unfiltered | March 7, 2021

(Our theater offers free movie passes to people who have cards from a noted charity organization, but due to how easily it can be abused, we’ve been forced to place restrictions on it, meaning only two passes can be given at a time and only for movies that we’ve had for more than a couple of weeks. We also get a lot of independent movies that may not be shown in a lot of places.)

Customer: Can I get two passes for [New Release]. *pulls out his card*

Me: Oh, I’m sorry, but we can’t accept that for this movie.

Customer: What?! What do you mean?

Me: It can only be used for movies that have been here for two weeks or more.

Customer: *getting angry* I drove 45 minutes to get to this d*** theater! I know [theater owner] personally. You’d better do something about this.

Me: I’m sorry. It’s the theater’s policy. Even if I tried to help you here, the computer’s software won’t let me.

Customer: That’s it. I’m tried of these excuses. Are you going to do something about this or not?

Me: Again, I’m sorry, sir, but unless you want to buy the tickets, there’s nothing I can do.

(He decides to go ahead and pay for them)

Customer: What is your name?

(By this point, I’m now fuming, but I try to stay calm)

Me: [My full name]

Customer: *As he takes his tickets* I’m gonna talk to [Owner] about this, and I’m gonna make sure you get fired.

(I later tell the managers about what happened. They agree with how I handled it. A week later, I learn that the customer does, in fact, know the owner, but I never hear anything about it from him. After a few weeks, I find out from the owner that the customer did complain to him about me, but he ended up dismissing it. He said if he wanted to see a movie for free so badly, he should have just come to him in the first place.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!