Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #212827

, , | Unfiltered | October 20, 2020

(I’m shopping at a big box retailer when I notice they have some fabric on clearance so I grab five bolts of it and toss it into my cart and go to look for a sewing pattern. It should be noted that there is also a toddler in the cart’s seat. I feel a light tap on my shoulder and turn around to see a woman who appears to be in her 60s standing behind me.)

Me: Oh, er…hi there, ma’am. Am I in your way?

(As I speak, I angle my cart and move it aside.)

Customer: Oh, no. I was just wondering where the interfacing was.

(I suddenly remember that I’m wearing a navy blue t-shirt, which is the same color as the polo shirts this store’s employees wear. Since I know exactly where the interfacing is and I’m not in any hurry, I walk her over to it.)

Me: *pointing at the display* There’s the packaged stuff here but over with the fabrics, near the quilt batting, they have it by-the-yard if you need it that way.

Customer: Oh, no. This will do. Thank you!

(I nod then start to walk off and my son, who had been happily chewing on his Mickey Mouse’s nose, smiles at her.)

Son: *waving* Hi!

(The woman smiles back and opens her mouth as if to speak, then quickly closes it and blushes a bright red.)

Customer: Oh, my goodness! I am SO sorry, honey! I saw your shirt and I thought you worked here!

Me: *laughs and waves it off* Oh, no it’s fine. I used to work retail and seem to have that look about me. Besides, I know where just about all the craft supplies are in this place.

(An employee starts walking by and stops when she notices the bolts of fabric in my cart.)

Employee: *to both of us* Do you ladies need any help?

Customer: No, I don’t. I thought she worked here and she helped me. But she obviously needs fabric so please help her.

(The customer walked off and the employee turned to me.)

Employee: *smiles* So, I see you here a lot and you seem to know where everything is every time you come. Do you need a job?

Me: *laughing* No, thanks, just some of this fabric please.

Employee: *shrugs* It was worth a try.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!