Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #212825

, , | Unfiltered | October 20, 2020

An unfortunate reality is that a lot of times in my area, there are family members who cannot ‘deal’ with their mentally ill relatives and thus, they depend on the police to do the job for them. On one such occasion a woman had gone a long time with out her medicine and started becoming combative in during her schizophrenic episodes and of course, her family decided that the answer is to have her arrested for assault.
The magistrate suggested to them to have the woman involuntarily committed, the family turns their backs to her once she is behind reinforced doors. Naturally the woman continues having episodes while in the jail over the weekend, on one occasion attempting to fight me when I was picking up her tray.
We managed to get a judge to sign off on an order to have her committed that Monday and I get called in to take her to the hospital with a deputy. Thankfully she’s behaving this morning after we tracked down her case worker.
Me: Now Ms. (Name) will you behave and change into these clothes for the nurse?
Ms. Name: *Nods and picks up the scrubs but just stares at them*
Nurse: Ms. Name? We need you to change now.
Ms. Name: F**k you! F**k you!
She throws the scrubs at the nurse, thankfully missing her. The deputy and I restrain her as another nurse runs in with a sedative.
Ms. Name: F**k you! F**k you!
Deputy: Hey! Hey! Get her! Not me!
It takes a few minutes, but Ms. Name calms down.
Nurse: How long did you say she wasn’t medicated?
Me: Her family said a month, but her case worker said almost two. No one was taking her to her appointments.
Nurse: What the Hell?
Deputy: That’s the second one this month!
A week later her family called to check up on her.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!