Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #200739

, , | Unfiltered | July 16, 2020

I am folding clothes in the men’s department when a customer approaches me with a Batman hat.
Customer: Excuse me, but how much is this hat? It doesn’t have a tag on it?
I take the hat to see if there is a UPC on the wash tag, but there isn’t.
I go to the rack if hats with the customer in tow to see if there is another one like it. There are not. There are only some Pokemon hats, some solid color ones, and some with sports’ teams logos.
I pick up a Pokemon hat.
Me: I can make a tag out of this one. It’s $9.47.
Customer: But how much is the Batman hat?
Me: $9.47.
Customer: That’s how much the Pokemon hat is. How much is the Batman hat?
Me: There’s not another Batman hat, so I’m going to make a tag from this hat.
Customer: That’s the price of the Pokemon hat. I want to know how much the Batman hat is.
Me: Sir, I don’t know. I have to base the price off of something. I can’t just pull a price out of my—the air.
Customer’s wife: I don’t think you understand what she’s saying.
Customer: I know exactly what she’s saying, but I want to know what the price of the Batman hat is. I don’t want to know the price of the Pokemon hat. How do I know the Batman hat isn’t cheaper.
Me: Sir, I don’t know the price of the Batman hat. I can either print a tag from the Pokemon hat, or I can take it to the back and no one can buy it.
Customer: Well, I guess you batter take it to the back. And if I come back here and see that hat with a Pokemon tag, we’re going to have this argument again.
As soon as he left, I took both hats and made a tag from the Pokemon hat.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!