Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #18424

Unfiltered | April 24, 2016

(When I was a very young child, I was scared of escalators because I had heard a story about a kid whose shoe had gotten caught in one and whose foot had to be amputated due to the damage it caused. Because of this, my mom had to hold my hand whenever we were on one. One day, on a trip to the department store, my mom couldn’t hold my hand because she was holding my baby brother. She stepped onto the escalator, but I was just too scared and started to cry. Suddenly I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder.)

Woman: Are you okay?

Me: (crying) I can’t go down the escalator! I’m scared!

Woman: (points to my mom) Is that your mommy down there?

Me: (nods)

Woman: You want to see her?

Me: (nods)

Woman: Don’t worry. I’ll help you. Take my hand and watch my feet, okay? We’ll do it together.

Me: Okay…

Woman: Lift your leg up… Step on the step… Bring your other leg down… That’s it! You’ve got it!

(We reached the bottom without any of our feet getting broken, and that’s how four-year-old me got over her fear of escalators with the help of a kind stranger!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!