Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #157544

, , | Unfiltered | July 12, 2019

(I have been sick for three days and come in for my early shift, I am not a sales associate but I have been and know the floor and products very well. I am in the frame shop and can hear the customer from the register, not an easy thing to do.)
Cashier: (over the radio) “Can I get a manager please?”
Customer: “I haven’t got all goddamn day!”
Me: (over the radio) “Yeah what are you looking for?”
Cashier: “He’s looking for a role of paper we used to carry. He brought up a small roll but wants a bigger one.”
Me: “Okay, I’ll come over.”
Me: (to the customer) “What product are you looking for sir?”
Customer (rambling): “This roll of paper, I looked over here for it.”
(He walks away so I follow him keeping a safe distance between us because he is acting very oddly and walking kind of like a duck. I ask over the radio for a manager.)
Customer: “It was over here in this aisle.”
(He leads me down the aisle which is full of our discounted seasonal items. Before I can get a word out he whips around and yells.)
Customer: “STOP FOLLOWING ME. I AM TRYING TO GET AWAY FROM YOU. FOLLOWING ME IS SEXUAL HARASSMENT. GO FIND WHAT I NEED.”
(I’m stunned as there is a good six feet between us and had not been expecting such a reaction from this man. I tell him I’ll get a manager to help look for it and I turn around, he flounces back towards the front and I shakily beg for a manager on the radio. Tears are spilling down my face as I’m already sick and have never been accused of something so serious.)
Manager: “I’m with a customer but I’m coming up.”
(Later)
Me: (shakily) “Did that man leave?”
Manager: “Yeah, he’s been in here before and is always rude.”
Me: (tears welling up) “He accused me of sexual harassment because I was following him and trying to help him.”
Manager: “WHAT?”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!