Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #155101

, , , | Unfiltered | June 18, 2019

(I work at a store headquartered in Denver, but we are similar to another store, which is headquartered in France. I am the manager on duty when a man with long dark hair and dark sunglasses walks in wearing a black trench coat. He’s throwing off enough odd vibes that the other employees go into the back room while I approach him. During our conversation he continually shifts his eyes to the back room.)

Me: “Hello, welcome to [store]. Can I help you find anything?”
Customer: “Yes, I am looking to purchase some of those round balls you use in the bath tub.”
Me: “Oh, you mean bath bombs. I’m sorry, we don’t carry those here.”
Customer: “Nonsense! I’ve been to your stores in France, and have purchased them before.”
Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but that’s impossible. We only have stores in Colorado.”
Customer: “Don’t be ridiculous. I was just there last month. Now, show me the items I wish to purchase.”
Me: “Sir, we don’t sell those items here. We do not have any stores outside of Colorado, much less outside of the country.”
Customer: “Now you’re just being obstinate. I’ve been to your stores in France, and I know what you sell or do not sell. I demand to speak to your manager.”
Me: “I am the manager on duty, sir. And I’m sorry, but I do know what we sell or don’t sell here. If you’d like to purchase any other items that we have in the store, I’d be happy to assist you.”
Customer: “Well this is just unheard of. I cannot believe this service.”

The customer proceeds to pull out a wallet from his purse, and he shakes it at me, then turns and shakes it at the back room.

Customer: “You won’t be seeing any of this money today. This is not the last you’ve heard from me! I’ll be contacting your store owner in France!”

He replaces his wallet and storms out. I notice a red handkerchief has fallen out of his purse, and I pick it up. It’s very dirty, and when I open it up, a braided lock of blonde hair tied with a pink a ribbon falls out.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!