Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #119560

, , | Unfiltered | September 7, 2018

I work as a barista in a coffee shop. Every Tuesday and Thursday, we have a teenager come in and order the same drink: a half-and-half coffee. Unfortunately this customer suffers from Down syndrome, however she is the sweetest person ever and all of the staff are extremely polite and enjoy her presence. This event occurs on a Tuesday evening, around 5 pm. A woman yapping loudly on a cell phone strolls into the resturant and proceeds to order. It all goes smoothly until she goes to collect her coffee and takes notice of the disabled girl.

Woman: Oh my god, a f***ing r*****! How do you let people like this in your shop?

I go speechless, having never met such an inconsiderate a**hole in my life, and simply stand there stunned.

Woman: I mean I can’t believe those crazy f*****s aren’t locked up in an asylum like they should be!

She is quite loud, and by now the whole cafe is dead silent, and glaring at her with looks of pure disgust. The disabled girl is visibly upset and tears are pouring down her cheeks.

Woman: (continues her ranting for about another 30 seconds, using immense profanity. Suddenly, another middle-aged male customer approaches her.)

Male Customer: Excuse me ma’am, your name doesn’t happen to be [name] does it?

Woman: (looking annoyed) Why yes, it is. And exactly who the f*** are you?

The man smiles at her, but there is a fire behind his eyes.

Male Customer: My name is [name], and I’m the CEO of [company]. If I recall, you just applied for a position at our loca office last week. In fact, I was just going over to the office to review your application, but now I see I won’t have to do that. Watching you be completely rude and undeniably terrible to that girl who has no control over her disability made my blood boil. I can say with one hundred percent certainty, that you will NEVER work for my company ever. You’d be a major embarrassment to our image, and I can’t have that on my plate. Now I recommend you apologize to that poor little girl, and then get the f*** out of this coffee shop, because I don’t ever want to see your piece-of-s*** face again.

The woman’s jaws were on the floor by this point. She muttered a quick apology, and ran out of the store, not even bothering to pick up her coffee. At this point, the manager has come out of his office.

Manager: That was the greatest thing I’ve ever seen. I grant you the employee discount for life!

All around the coffee shop, people gave a round of applause to the man, who graciously accepted and sat back down. The disabled girl was given a free coffee and our store t-shirt!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!