Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Unfiltered Story #118419

, , | Unfiltered | August 19, 2018

(I work at a retail store that sales clothes as well as housewares.)

Me: “How are you today? Did you find everything okay?”

Customer: “I’m great, thank you for asking. Yes, I found some great stuff for my granddaughter’s birthday.”

Me: “That’s great.”

(I start checking out her items.)

Customer: “Oh, I thought the little girl’s tops were two for $3; I can show you the sign.”

Me: “It’s okay, but the sign says two for $3 each, with the normal price of each as $3.99. The register has taken $1.98 off for the tops.”

Customer: “Are you sure?”

Me: “Yes, ma’am, but there are some shirts that are $1.99 over in the girls section similar to those.”

Customer: “No, it’s okay. I think I’ll just get these.”

(She has a full chart but decides just to get three items, and then begins to look for her card and can’t find the cash and says she can’t find it and stares as me for three minutes before continuing her search and finally finds her card and identification.)

Customer: “Finally, I found it but also my cell phone died and I’m stranded and can’t get home, I need to find a way to call my husband.”

Me: “You might be able to use our phone but I don’t know if you can call out on it I will have to ask.”

(She pays and then begins to pick up the previous shirt and ask if I could get one of the ones I mentioned earlier in a size 10/12. I run over to the section as we do not have a line, look for three minutes as we sold almost all of them and fins 1 in a 10/12 and pink, and get it. Then she looks at it and debates on whether or not it will fit her and she decides it will. Then she decides that she needs another dress in a certain pattern and I oblige and retrieve that as well and return. Now my manager is watching as she debates with herself and decides she needs another size top like the other one I got for her.)

Manager: “Ma’am, you will have to go get the top yourself as it is time for her to go and I have to close her register. But you can get the rest of your items at register one.”

Customer: “Thank you. Where did you get these tops, young lady?”

Me: “I point over to the wall and tell her on the wall in girls near the girl’s PJs.”

Customer: “Thank you.”

Me: “You’re welcome, and I will put your bag down at register one as well as the transaction the we weren’t able to complete.”

(When she is out of earshot:)

Manager: “You must have the patience of a saint. She took forty minutes to make you run around and do her shopping and being a pain to not really buy anything.”

Me: “It’s okay, she did take my mind off of everything.” *laughs*

(I walk down to register one. I tell my coworker about the customer, the items, and which ones she paid for. By the time I get back to my register, the woman returns and again asks about the location of the top. I tell her, she leaves, and returns two minutes later. By then I am counting my drawer. Before I can say anything my manager steps up.)

Manager: “She is counting her drawer; you will have to wait in line.”

(There are only two people in line, each person only has two items each.)

Customer: “Ugh! I don’t have time to wait; I have stuff to do.”

(My coworker hands her her bag. As she leaves she asks to use our phone but my coworker tells her that it doesn’t dial out.)

Customer: “Ugh, whatever, BYE! I wont be returning to this store!”

Manager: “You don’t have two minutes to wait but you can waste forty minutes of my cashier’s time?”

(We all burst out in laughter, and tell her to have a good day.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!