Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Your Drive-Thru Attempt Is See-Thru

, | Right | April 4, 2017

(I am running the drive-thru window, taking money and handing out food during a busy lunch hour.)

Me: “Hi, your total is $12.95, please.”

Woman: “Aw, crap. I forgot my wallet at home.”

Me: *to coworker* “Oh, should I void the order, then?”

Woman: *overhears through the open window* “What? I only live a block away? Just give me the food, and I’ll come back and pay.”

Me: “Uh, I don’t think I can do that.”

Coworker: “Yeah, we can’t do that.”

Woman: “Seriously? My kids are hungry. Get your manager.”

(I find the manger and explain the situation.)

Manager: *laughs* “Are you kidding? How do you know she’d come back to pay?”

Me: “Yeah, that’s what I thought.”

Manager: “Even if she did, we’re counting the money in the registers right now, and we’d come up over ten dollars short.”

Me: *to the woman* “I’m sorry, but I asked my manager, and she said we can’t do that. We’re counting the money in the registers, and not having the money for your order would mess us up.”

Woman: “What? The [Same Restaurant Franchise on the other side of town] always lets me do that!” *thinks for a second, looks at sodas in drink holder on the counter* “Well, can you just give me the drinks?”

Me: “No.”

Woman: “So, I seriously have to drive home, and wait in the drive-thru line again?”

Me: “I’m sorry, but yes.”

(We voided the order, but kept her food warm in the kitchen, and fifteen minutes later, she was back. I took her order again, and also cashed her out at the window. Throughout the entire transaction, she was extremely rude. At the window, she glared at me. When she was cashed out, she demanded extra ketchup, BBQ, and mayo packets, which we are supposed to charge extra for. I was too afraid to ask her to pay, so she ended up with about $1 worth of free sauces.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!