Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Will Someone Please Think Of The Caviar

, , , | Right | March 22, 2012

(A customer is calling in regarding a five-day hold we have on his deposit of a personal check for $150,000. Note that in the three months he has been a customer, his account has been negative sixty times and has an average daily balance of $75.00—hence the hold.)

Customer: “You need to give me all my money now! My family is starving. We have no money to pay for food! I am going to the local news and telling them about how you big banks are forcing us to starve to death!”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but we did give you $1000 of that deposit immediately. Due to the large amount of the check, you will have to wait for the hold to be lifted.”

Customer: “But my children are starving! How can you be so cruel and starve children?!”

Me: “Sir, we are your bank. I can see everything you have spent with your debit card, and I see you went to [upscale restaurant] and spent $250 last night on dinner.”

Customer: “Well… the lobster was under-prepared. Do you really expect my children to be forced to eat like that?! This isn’t a third-world country! What is wrong with you? They are starving!”


This story is part of the snobby customers roundup!

Read the next roundup story!

Read the roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!