Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Undergarment Overreaction, Part 2

| Romantic | May 14, 2014

(My husband and I have both been super busy with our respective jobs recently, working long hours and really only coming home to sleep.)

Me: “Hey, I’m home!”

Husband: “Wow, you’re home early. What gives?”

Me: “Well, I noticed this morning we were both out of underwear, so I came home early to do some washing.”

Husband: “Yeah, same here. I saw we were out when I got dressed, so I came home early, too. The laundry is already started.”

Me: “Oh, good. When I went to the drawer, all I had left was that red satin pair with the lace and bows that I don’t like but that go with that baby doll set you got me. Plus they don’t fit me anymore.”

Husband: “Huh? You needed a pair and they were all that was left, but you couldn’t wear them? If you didn’t wear them, what did you wear?”

Me: “Um… I’m sorry, I know it’s creepy. But… Well….”

Husband: *looking at me with mild disgust because going commando creeps him out* “Did you go without?”

Me: “No, I… um… borrowed from you. You had a pair left, so I wore them. I know that sounds gross, but I couldn’t go without and we can’t afford to buy anything at this time.”

Husband: “So you were the one. I was showering when you left and I was sure I had a pair left to wear today, but nothing was there when I went to look.”

Me: “Oh, I’m so sorry, sweetie. I didn’t realize. Were you okay going without today?”

Husband: *rather sheepish* “Well, I didn’t. I couldn’t do that, it’s way too gross. And there was that pair in your drawers…”

(Sure enough, he had, and he had a very interesting day, too. We now have an emergency box each just in case this happens again.)

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!