Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Two Minutes Can Feel Like A Long Time When You’re Waiting For Bagels!

, , , | Right | CREDIT: cuddlykitten5932 | July 31, 2023

I work at a place where, every Tuesday, you can get a dozen of bagels for half off. Today is Tuesday, so, naturally, we’re having a very busy morning. But there are five minutes when there are no customers up front, so I take the time to clean, take care of garbage, and brew coffee.

A woman comes up to the register and orders a dozen of bagels. Mind you, she’s the only one in line. As I’m finished taking care of her order, I turn around and there are two more customers. The next woman waiting to be taken care of is giving me a look of disgust.

Me: “Good morning. I can help you here!”

Woman: “Are you shorthanded or something? It’s very awkward to wait here for a long time.”

Me: “Oh, I’m sorry, ma’am. It’s a very busy morning today, but what can I get you?”

Woman: “I’m just saying, I was standing here for a long time.”

Me: “Again, I’m sorry, ma’am. I was taking care of another customer. We have kiosks you can order on so you don’t have to wait.”

My guess is that she was waiting for only two minutes because there’s no way she was there before the first woman ordered. But yeah, I guess I take forever to take care of people.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!