Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Paint Is Crooked

, , | Right | January 1, 2020

(Per my client’s instructions, I’ve just finished painting the walls and installing the new carpet. I painted the chair rail but did not paint the baseboards, as the client wanted to keep them a natural wood color. She did not look at the walls before I installed the carpet. The client comes in to give her seal of approval.)

Client: “Hmm… I do love the blue [walls] and the beige [carpet], but something is off…” *thinks for a moment* “I know what it is! This here—” *points to the chair rail* “—is a nice white, but those down there—” *points to the baseboards* “—are an ugly brown.”

Me: “Yes, ma’am, you wanted those to match the doors.”

Client: “Oh. Well, now the trim doesn’t match. Fix it.”

Me: “Ma’am, if I do that, it will be much harder to paint because I’ve just installed your new carpet. I’ll also have to charge you extra.”

Client: “What?! You still have paint left, don’t you?”

Me: “Yes, ma’am, but—”

Client: “Then use that! Honestly, how crooked can you be? Charging you for materials you already have!”

Me: “Ma’am, I would have to add a labor cost.”

Client: “Crook! Get out of my house and leave me my paint! I’ll do it myself!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!