Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

This Call Is A Trap!

, , | Right | June 1, 2021

I’ve done customer service for a dishware company for a year and a half now.

Me: “[Company], this is [My Name].”

Caller: “I bought a trap from you all and I can’t figure out how to set it.”

I start tuning out at this point because I know it’s nothing to do with us, but most people get upset if you try to interrupt them to explain that.

Me: *When he’s done* “I’m sorry, we’re a dishware company. We don’t sell anything like that. Can you tell me the brand and I’ll Google it for you?”

Caller: “Well, it has this number on it! It’s a trap for catching wild animals on your property.”

Me: “I don’t know, unfortunately, but we are a dishware company. We sell [Brand] dishes and [Brand] bakeware. We don’t have anything like that. Can you tell me what brand your trap is? I can look it up.”

Caller: *Accusingly* “I don’t know; I’m at work. I guess I’ll just have to wait ‘til I get home!” *Click*

Me: *To myself* “How exactly were you going to get info on how to use a product you don’t have with you?”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!